2011-08-29

SharePoint 2010 custom master page and submit button on dialog pages not working

I got a strange error when i was working with a branded master page. No matter what I did I got an Javascript error ("Function Expected ... in/around- c=a.frames(RTE_GetEditorIFrameID(b))", and some other strange errors) when I opened an item, e.g. editing a task or adding a task. This Javascript error causes the sumbit button to not work :-(.

Took me some time to find the cause, and it was not what I supected it to be. The cause was the following line:

meta content="IE=Edge" equiv="X-UA-Compatible"

It should be (what is default SharePoint 2010):
meta content="IE=8.0" equiv="X-UA-Compatible"

No comments: