2010-09-14

Error when deploying SharePoint 2010 web parts in an upgraded Visual Studio solution

I had a Visual Studio 2008 web part solution that I upgraded to a Visual Studio 2010 solution. It looked like everything was going to be ok, but I got the following error in the ULS when trying to add the web parts to a page:

09/09/2010 14:08:36.82 w3wp.exe (0x269C) 0x1998 SharePoint Foundation Web Parts tkqj High WebPartAdder_InvalidDwpUrl

Checking the solution again the web parts where added as modules and not web parts to the solution.

I ended up deleting the web parts (except the source code of course), adding new web part items, and adding the deleted code. Now it is working as it should

No comments: