2010-04-27

SharePoint 2010 and "There are no activities in your newsfeed" issue

These are the reasons I've found for why you don't get any activities displayed on the My Site page:


  • You have to start the "User Profile Service Application - Activity Feed Job", and schedule it to run periodically; Central Administration -> Check Job status -> Job Definitions. In my demo environment I set it to run often to make sure I can demonstrate it well.
  • Add some colleagues on your My Site
  • Make sure some activities have been performed by any of your colleagues

I don't think that the "Activity Feed Job" is turned on by default.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You, it was the problem

Astak said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Path to this timer job: Monitoring > Timer Jobs: Review job definitions > User Profile Service Application 1 - Activity Feed Job