2007-05-22

Global navigation on My Sites

Standard My Site navigation has only two menu entries: My Home and My Profile. This is usually not enough, and you may want to supply the My Sites with a global menu similar to the rest of your intranet, special menu entries, etc, etc. This can be done in several different ways:

  1. Add extra menu entries between My Home and My Profile by accessing "Personalization site links" on the Shared Services admin page. Absolutely the quickest way. Mirjam pin pointed me to this one - thanx!
  2. Add Delegate Control with an ASP Menu control with a Site Map Provider of your choice; plain XML feed, standard SharePoint Site Map providers - there are several (look in your web config file), ...
  3. Combine them...
Others??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have a question.
i want to repalce my own modified Datetime control instead of sharepoint original datetime control. is it possible?
Regards,
Sed Taha