So, how do we create a customized form to register our data in a list? Follow these steps:
- Open the site in SharePoint designer where the list is located and navigate to the list
- Make a copy of the newform.aspx and name it mynewform.aspx
- Open mynewform.aspx in the designer in html view
- Select the ListFormWebPart and delete it
- Select 'Insert Sharepoint controls Custom List form'
- Add design elements, move things around, delete fields, etc to create the form as you would like it.
- Save it.
- Right click the list name in the folder list and select Properties
- Select the 'Supporting files' tab
- Select Item in the 'Contenty type specific forms' list
- In the field 'New Item Form' browse to mynewform.aspx
- Select 'OK'.
- Browse to your list in the web browser, select New and your mynewform.aspx should be the form that is used