Writing your action:
- Start writing your action; inherit from the the Activity class
- Define your static Dependency Properties that points to your public properties
- Override the Execute method
- Compile it: MyNamespace.MyActivity
- Assign a strong name to your library
Distribute your library:
- "GACC" your assembly - or assemblies. Your activity my relay on other assemblies and then these must be added ass well. Add the same assemblies to the SafeControl section in web.config.
- Add your library to the authorizedTypes section in the sharepoint application web.config
- Make your activity available to SharePoint designer by adding it to the \12\template\1033\workflow\wss.actions file, and placing your action definition inside the Action section
- Reset IIS
Of you go:
- Open SharePoint designer
- Select your activtity and add the defined parameters.
- Great!!! .... hopefully ... debug!
Articles with more details:
Possible errors with solutions: