- Project leader - runs the project on time, on budget and with the right functionality. Should have a good overview and understanding og SharePoint 2007 and its capabilities and limitiations.
- Business and Process Analyst (s) - guide the project on which process should be enhanced or changed and why. Verify that SharePoint solution meets the requirments.
- SharePoint Expert user(s) - setting up SharePoint with sites, publishing sites, document centers, lists, blogs, etc.
- SharePoint Architect - thorough understanding of SharePoint (admin, developing, functions) and advise when and how new components/web parts should be developed. Microsoft Technologies in general; .NET 2.0 og .NET 3.0, Exchange, Active Directory, Office 2003/2007, IIS and infrastrcture in general.
- SharePoint Administrator - setting up the SharePoint infrastructure with servers and services; SharePoint 2007, Exchange Server, Active Directory, Windows 2003 and 2008 Servers, SQL Server 2005, IIS 6.0 and 7.0, network infrastructure, ISA server, etc..
Roles and responsibilities in a SharePoint 2007 project
SharePoint Portal 2007 is a challening product and nobody can be a specialist in every topic related to implementing SharePoint Portal in an organization. Below is a suggested set of roles and responsibilities, and the skills and experience that these people should have.